Monday, July 12, 2021

Monsoon Season in Indiana

Painting on a magazine image
Just a pile of Gracie fur after Meranda brushed her, because Gracie won't allow Mom to do it
Trying to do complicated backgrounds first
Eye glass stencil from Gulfsprite
Started as a clean off your brush page
Tissue paper, then a glaze of craft paint for background
Pencils, markers, paint
My goal is for a detailed background that makes you look twice
Dog park about a week ago. Can we say rain?
acrylic paint over pencils on the girl
I was in a mood....
I had saved this image from a fashion magazine forever, and decided to finally use it.
My older cone flower plant
New cone flowers from this year. WTH???

Having issues again with Blogger. Just roll with me, okay? 

I haven't been art journaling as much as I would like to, mainly because of yard work, dogs, yard work, and health issues again. Yes, once again, I have screwed up my body. So today I have a helpful tip on what not to do when cleaning the house. DO NOT WEAR ISOTONER BALLET SLIPPERS ON A WET FLOOR! Got that? They have leather bottoms. Plus, the slippers are old and the bottoms really slick. Want to hear this story? You got it.

I had cleaned the house, and the last thing I do is mop the floors after getting all of the dog hair up. The hallway was wet, I was carrying the bucket full of ammonia water to the hall bathroom to dump it. My left foot slipped forward, extending my left leg straight out, and my right leg went back, folding under my body as I dumped the bucket all over me and the hallway. I had just, a few days before, been to the doctor to have the right knee X-rayed. Severe arthritis.

You can't try to stand in standing water on top of a laminate floor. I butt walked to my bedroom, got up on my knees and crawled to the bed to pull myself up. Then started the cleanup which included another shower. I had ammonia water all over my head, running down my body, plus had sat in it. The doctor had given me a script for arthritis meds, and between that and the ice machine from my hip surgery, I was able to walk by the next day. My PT starts today.....

I really am a hazard to myself.....Have a good one. Linda


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, be careful. So glad you’re up and around. Take care of yourself. Great pages btw

    ReplyDelete