Tuesday, June 22, 2021

No Excuse

The Patreon lesson was collage and drawing, so I used what I cut out as a template

This is how it ended, and I don't like it but tired of messing with it

Came out of nowhere

Another Patreon lesson about connecting images that have a common theme. Love this.

The day I knocked over a large container of water on the desk and soaked this journal. Put the fan on it for 2 hours

Patreon lesson where we started with an abstract background

If you look closely you can see my background peeking thru the sky and veggies

This spread took me over 5 hours and I loved the process

Used colored pencils for finishing touches

After spending 2 days painting a pineapple, I tore it up and did this collage

Then taped off borders and did abstracts

Part of my garden in the morning sun

Freebies - see below

More abstracts because I didn't like any of the girls I was drawing

Yep. Abstracts

 It's been awhile. I apologize. Either I had too much information swimming around in my brain that I could not put on the net, or I was just not in the mood for art journaling. 

The freebies: Google "DesignCuts". It is a company that sells graphic packages, but if you register for their emails, you get weekly freebies. The files aren't huge, but for anyone into mixed media and/or art journaling, there are some very interesting images, for free. You also receive the license to use them, in case you decide to sell your art. I have downloaded about 6 decorative fonts, and various birds and floral graphics. Lots of leaves. One never knows when you might need something. The link is here. The emails are almost daily, and you are offered several free packages per week. I stumbled across it when looking for additional fonts to use with my Cricut. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Either blazing hot, or you need a jacket at night....just saying. Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment