Monday, May 17, 2021

Monday in the house with bored dogs







Patreon lesson with Gulfsprite on collage and painting a girl

Finished

Me just messing around with watercolors

Jake on Mother's Day

Layers of die cuts, color glazes, and a crown stencil that didn't quite work out

Patreon lesson

Another Patreon lesson using molding paste and glass beads

 First of all, I put only one earring on the girl above because I had a flower growing up out of her top. The next day the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar came in the mail, and guess what the new trend is? To wear 2 different earrings! I was ahead as a trend setter and had no flipping idea!

I have been art journaling almost every day, but also working in the flower beds that were neglected for years because of hip and back pain, and then heart surgery.  It seems it is taking me days to finish a spread instead of hours. Digging out invasive plants, shrubs and trees that have gone wild is exhausting. There have been several afternoon naps. I am old......but at least I can admit it.

The spread with the beautiful red flowers was done with a napkin sent to me by one of the other Sprites. I also used some scrapbook paper for the leaves and a leaf stencil. We have been doing a lot of mixed media style layering lately.

Interesting experience today. You don't always realize how lucky you are until you see someone who is not doing well physically. I had a cardiology appointment with the NP today. You are now told not to enter the waiting room until 5 minutes prior to your appointment, to cut down on exposure to other patients. Whatever the CDC and the governors are saying, doctors are strictly adhering to the older guidelines on Covid. A woman with grey hair entered via a hospital transport wheelchair, being pushed by a volunteer, for her appointment. She stood at the receptionist window, holding onto the counter, unable to stand on her own strength. When the receptionist opened the window, and asked for her last name and birthdate, the woman said 1958. Had she been able to see my mouth behind my mask, she would see it wide open in surprise. My guess was she was in her 80's. Her feet were swollen, shoes unlaced, and her color was pasty white. Breathing was a chore, as she kind of gasped on every 10th breath. I was watching someone 11 years younger than me, trying to hold on to life. 

Take care of yourselves. Because seriously? If you are being pushed into a cardiology department, chances are the problem is life threatening. We forget that doctors just can't fix a life time of bad decisions on our part. Or, rather, we don't want to acknowledge that fact. Hugs. Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment