Friday, May 28, 2021

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Gracie and Jake at the front door, after I told them that Lynn was coming to visit.

Girl is watercolor, acrylic in background with collage for top.

Collage

Wild flowers at Town Hall Park on our walk this week

Repeated an old lesson from Gulfsprite, using magazine images as a stencil


Our government is failing us. We deserve the truth.

How I feel but I actually have less hair....

Llama head stamp from another Sprite.

 I think I am becoming quite cynical in my advanced years. Is this normal? I want the truth of what the former guy did on January 6, 2021 to be made public record, and for that former guy and his little minions to be held accountable. Yet the Democratic party is allowing the former guy and his neckless cohort hold this country hostage. McTurtle needs to crawl off into the sunset. Or, better yet, the Ohio river. 

Onward. Still doing a great deal of collage. It is satisfying to me and now I am on the look out for any and all strange images I can find. Expect weirdness in the future. Well, that will happen anyway. Perhaps I should say expect more weirdness than I normally come up with....

So I had an interesting encounter with the Tollroad Authority in the state of Illinois. Fun Fact: you can go online and register your car, license plate, mailing address and a current credit card for "Pay as you go". That means if you drive on an Illinois toll road and pass a toll (used to be a booth, now a scanner) place, the camera scans your car, grabs the plate, and goes to your account to bill you. Simple, yes? I knew I was going to use 294, the tollroad from hell, on April 6th to see my stepson in a western suburb of Chicago. So I registered all of my information a week prior to the trip. I received confirmation from the Tollroad Authority. Still with me? Good.

Today, in the mail, I received a bill from the tollroad for $18.00. $6 in tolls on April 6th, $12 in fines for not paying properly. I went online, accessed my account, and yep! There I am, all information is correct, and no charges! Can I protest this? Why yes, yes I can. Unfortunately, not on the phone. And not in person. Download your form here, fill it out, and mail it. To avoid a collection agency, ( not my first rodeo here, folks), I paid the $18 bill. But boy howdy, are they going to get a letter or what! I will get my $12 fine back. I will also ask them why in hell their system failed. Explain that to me, in English. I pressed "1".  In the old days, we tossed coins into a collection booth on this tollroad. As the population in and around the city increased, the booths were slowing traffic down to a mere crawl, so someone in the tollroad authority group decided to eliminate the booths, and the people who worked in those booths. The scanners work. Illinois can now scam, (oops!) bill you for each time you pass under a scanner. I just want it to work....

I also returned to taking, not teaching, Silver Sneaker classes this past week. Sore. So, so sore. And it's not like I haven't been doing anything at all, because I have. This getting old crap sucks. Just so you know. Have a good weekend. It is raining here and turning cold. First weekend of summer......uh huh. Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment