Sunday, May 2, 2021

Beautiful weather before the storms....

Meranda took this on Friday when she gave him a haircut.

I had a bath, so I must roll in the freshly mowed grass!




Gracie, where's Meranda?

She's not here, mom. Stop pulling that trick...

Patreon lesson using acrylics as a resist. The colors are Seth Apter's izink dye inks, not sprayed

Finished spread

 I have been doing some form of yard work every day, trying to catch up from the past several years when I ignored the flower beds. If I die, this is the reason why. Just wanted you to know. I am so sore.....

The above journal spread was made possible by a few friends: thanks to Tracie for the napkin with the fishes. I copied it on my printer, and used that print for this spread. Saving the napkin because I really like those fish. Thanks to Layla, a Sprite from Gulfsprite, for the magazine cut out with the gold fish, and the Mermaid crossing sign stamped image. Thanks to Laura K, another Sprite, for the mermaid image, and the 2 black fishes. We have been a very busy group mailing stuff to one another. I found the women with that inane smile on her face in an ad. I won't mention the company (shoes), but I immediately knew her name was Karen, and she didn't care about much of anything. I could invent an entire back story for her, including a trip to Florida to catch a glimpse of the former guy. But I won't....

Until I can get the flower beds the way I want them, art journaling will be slow. I have already removed irises that stopped blooming but spread like crazy over the past 12 years. Planted 3 new perennials and put down mulch. Now digging up Maiden grass, with a root system that goes to China, I swear. This is much slower, so hoping this area gets drenched with rain tonight and tomorrow, making it easier to remove this damn grass. Putting in more contained flowering perennials and mulch. Enjoy yourselves. Hug a pet. Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment