Thursday, April 29, 2021

Noom. Yes, Noom



I had a difficult time stopping on these pages. Can you tell??? 

Napkin, stencils and the girl is fountain pen ink with water

Water colors and pens

 I have been watching my weight creep back up the scales for the past 5 months. Making half hearted promises to myself to "not buy" dark chocolate or potato chips was not working. Like magic, they appeared in the cart at the store. Who put those in my cart?? Dumb ass, you did.

Having enough this week, I joined Noom. The last 2 attempts at WW were not really satisfying. Now I know why. I am probably like most people, in that if you tell me this group of "good"foods are healthy, and you can eat them without counting calories, then guess what? I am going to eat them. But, but, I'm not losing weight and my friend is. What is going on? I was eating 3 healthy meals a day on WW, plus snaking on fruit. Lots of fruit. I now realize that the fruit was doing me in, because you can't eat it with abandon. My friend who was also on WW at the time was only eating one meal a day, losing 2 to 3 pounds a week. I only do not eat when I am sick, as in recuperating from heart surgery. That type of sick. 

With the Noom program, you track every morsel that enters your mouth. Glasses of water are tracked, exercise is tracked, and each day you receive informative and motivating little articles. All on your phone. The program is easy. But the part I truly like is the analyzing of why we do what we do. Oh, baby. This makes you dig into the root of your overeating. And obviously that is what I need, because it is working. 

I have battled obesity and weight gain my entire life. After my husband died, I lost 79 pounds on WW, and kept it off for about a year. Then gained back around 10 pounds and leveled out. Every few years, I have to rein in the eating. It's overconfidence on my part. "Did it before, I can do it again." Except this is more difficult the older you get. So I hope this is my last weight program, and the knowledge I am gaining about myself and the relationship to food will settle into my brain forever. We can blame the pandemic, depression, anxiety, the former guy, whatever you want to blame all you want. In the end, it's up to each individual to decide how to live their lives. Peace. Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment