Sunday, April 25, 2021

I have a lot of work to do....

Cut the woman's body out of a fashion book, cut off her head, and drew my own head.

And here is the head that I cut off. Yes, I am warped. Why do you ask?

After the verdict. It is a small step forward. I am not happy with this spread. Not done yet.

This week's Patreon lesson is basic face drawing

I want to change my faces, and seriously tried, but they all look alike


Gulfsprite inspires me to try once again on 3/4 face

 Do you have regrets? Do they wake you up in the middle of the night, and then you can't go back to sleep? It seems to be getting worse the older I get. Which makes sense, because I have a lifetime of regrets. What I must do is let them go. Forgive myself. Live in the moment. Easier said than done. But I do have a plan in place, and that is the first step.

1. Exercise more. For the past 3 weeks, I have challenged myself to end the week (Saturday night) with more steps than the previous week on my Fitbit. I have done that for the 3 weeks running. As of last night, I walked over 16 miles last week. My goal is to consistently walk 3 miles each day. Bike riding counts as steps, so this should not be that difficult to maintain. I feel better mentally, emotionally, and physically when I move like this. 

2. Stop dwelling in the past. I can't change it. No one can. Christy pointed us at a website out of the UK with some excellent self help articles. I particularly like this one.  

3. Live in the moment. Fretting about the future does no good. Making bold statements about what you will or will not do don't hold any weight, because you truly don't know what the future holds or how you will react. 

4. Do not express any political views in the state of Indiana. This statement doesn't need any explanations. 

5. Be kind. Be compassionate. Hug the dogs. And be generous. I don't do it to be acknowledged or rewarded. I do it to make someone else's day a bit brighter, which makes me feel better. 

With all of the above in mind, the art journaling is going to change a bit. Hopefully it will be more positive. Hugs. Linda

2 comments:

  1. Great blog today. Pages look great. Great idea to work on being kinder to yourself. I’m working on the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then we can do this together!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete