Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Lost my mojo

Jake had a bath and hair cut on Friday, so Saturday I bought him this sweater

2nd week of Wanderlust. I don't like this, tired of working on it, moving on

Stamped the orange butterflies, fussy cut them out and slapped them on

Collage in the large Dylusions journal. Collage pieces from Laura K, a gulfsprite, Gulfsprite, and Klara

Then used old Donna Downey masks to do this

Gracie, whining in the kitchen for attention/food/snacks

Jake hiding in the corner. He is bald!

Look at that face!

 I have been working on art every day, but some of it is ending up in the trash again. One day I decided to reorganize my 2 metal water color boxes, which required making new swatch cards. That took all day, in between phone calls and dogs. I have also gone through older art created on water color paper and added what I wanted to keep into the current oversized Canson Mixed Media journal. So busy but not really productive. It happens.

Read an interesting article on Facebook this morning. I follow Mike Rowe, the man who endorses trade schools, on-the-job training, and was the host of Dirty Jobs. I have also read his book, which I highly recommend. Mr. Rowe is upset at the current censorship that is a direct result of the insurrection of January 6th. He doesn't think censoring the far right is a solution to our current problems, because it makes them feel the lies and propaganda are true. Huh. Where, then, do you draw the line? When there is zero truth being spread, when nothing but lies that stoke the base hatred and fears of a population are being hammered into people's heads, do balanced and decent people not stand up? I keep going back to quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr and Robert Kennedy, about not turning your back on injustice. At some point, we must say "enough is enough". At some point, we must condemn what is being said and done. I have reached my point.

The final answer is always education. Always. I saw photos of signs held by this group of insurrectionists that said "Stop the Steel", and "Overturn the Electric". I can only assume these two women holding the signs, both wearing those red hats, don't want buildings to be reinforced with steel beams, and do want to cook over an open fire, also using said fire to keep warm. Oh. Wait. Did you mean trump's Stop the Steal? Eduction, folks. Have a good one. Linda

2 comments:

  1. Education is always the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. History repeats itself. Why are we not teaching how to think anymore???

    ReplyDelete