Thursday, January 14, 2021

History made

Patreon lesson from Gulfsprite on watercolor paper

Background is a combination of acrylic ink and paint and I should have used a different color

YouTube patron lesson from Gulfsprite. Painting around a magazine cut out

Watercolor background, then collage and stenciling

Truth

Acrylic background, watercolor on girl, collage


 One of the Gulfsprite group, Jill, did a watercolor painting on top of an old ledger page. I loved how the writing on the ledger paper was visible, so this is my version. I painted the entire journal page with Antique White paint. Let it dry completely, then used a 3x5 wood stamp that has French script, and stamped it repeatedly in rows using Coffee Archival ink from Ranger. Nice antique effect. Then I drew the girl with graphite, painted her in water colors, and added some Tim Holtz tissue paper in black. It's the botanical roll. Finishing touches were colored pencils and a Stabilo All pencil in black on the eyes. 

I received some wonderful collage pieces from friends at Christmas, or after. The package from Ohio crawled it's way west, slowly. (I know, right?) Trying to use them each time I reach for collage. The lady and the group came from Laura K in Wisconsin on the Once Upon a Time spread. Some of Klara's collage pieces are in the double page outline spread. Enjoy your day. Linda

2 comments: