Monday, January 18, 2021

Cold plus snow equal art journaling

Not sure what I was thinking with this

Adhered a napkin cut in half, then started painting around it


And here we have a head on an imaginary stick.....

hair and background are acrylic paint, face is watercolor and pencils

watercolors, pencils, acrylic paint

collage courtesy of Klara. 3/4 profile is wonky again. Sigh.


Gracie thinking she is abused because I said we were staying indoors all day

More and more, Jake just wants a pile of blankets and mom

I finally finished the 11x14 Canson Mixed Media journal that I pulled out last November. It contains a lot of loose art work that I wanted to save. Mostly class projects that were on water color paper. So flipping through this journal is a walk down memory lane, back to January 2018. That's okay. I am enjoying looking back at previous projects.

I watched an old Gulfsprite video she had posted to Patreon that used Neo Color II's, water soluble oil pastels, and Faber Castell Gelatos on Saturday. Pulled all of those out, and made a discovery. Supplies can go bad. What? We are suppose to actually use what we buy, then replace? Who knew? My tip for today: Faber Castell gelatos develop a hard film if not continuously used. To remove that, just run them over a rough piece of paper. They will still not be as creamy and spreadable as they were when purchased. Honestly, I was never a big fan. I have the full set, and thinking it's time for the trash. It was such a mess that that journal page was ripped out and ripped up. The goal was to put down color with all 3 products and then blend with cheap white acrylic paint. I was using the Canson journal, and blending was not an option. The oil pastels, which were Portfino cheapies, are now gone. The Neo Colors II's are still perfection. I know that price is not always a good guide, but they are basically the same price as the gelatos, just a superior product. 

I also have two mason jars full of acrylic brushes. Some were average in price, most in those multi packs from Michaels. As I pull out those and find that either I can't paint with that brush, or it's falling apart, they are being tossed. The best acrylic brushes, for me, are the Simply Simmons. Affordable and endure a ton of abuse. I must be in a cleaning mood. January 20th is almost here. Out with the old, in with the new. Smile. Linda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment