Monday, January 13, 2020

Work In Progress, but unfortunately, not today




  This is a brand new 8x8 Dylusions journal. Because. No other reason, I wanted another one and they were on sale a few weeks back at joggles.com. So, yeah. Anyway, I took Gulfsprite's suggestion and started in the middle of the journal. She seems to be having good luck with her journal not getting all wonky and bulky by flipping back and forth to the middle of the signatures.

I drew the girl, then copied her on my printer at home. Cut her out. The man in the corset is from a Vanity Fair magazine last year. The cranberries came from a magazine I bought at Half Price Books, and the 2 weird hair models were also from a Vanity Fair. Lavender, blue, and red paints are all by Martha Stewart, for no other reason than I liked those colors. All of the pieces were adhered with a glue stick.

A few thoughts: painting with watercolor on top of copy paper is not easy. The paint will not move, so you best know exactly what you want before the brush hits the paper. Acrylic paint is fine. Her hair is all acrylics. The grey shading is a Tombow brush pen moved with a wet brush. This is not done. I am stuck. I know I need to add something, but not sure if it should be doodles, or more collage or washi tape, or......So. My solution is to wait for the 3rd and final video in this class. And start another double page spread because this was way too much fun.

I recommend trying a collage. Recycle. Laugh at what happens. You just might feel better.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment