Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Done and moving on

Shading, journaling and a few doodles were the final steps



One of his favorite spots to nap now

Gracie will put just a bit of distance between us and whine.
The above are the most involved journal pages I have ever created, but it was fun, informative, and relaxing at the same time. Gulfsprite has shown us how to look for areas that need cohesion to the page(s), and tie it all in with color. Going to start another double page spread today, and I have been drawing again. Now have pages lined up to paint.

Gracie turned 11 in December and now has a few quirks that I can only assume come with being a senior dog. She whines a lot. She wants my complete attention, a lot. She now will seek me out in the house when she wants to be reassured that all is well in her world. If I am standing, she shoves her head between my legs for me to rub her back. Because we are old together, I do what I think she wants and needs. I gain comfort from taking care of her. But I am very aware that our time together is running out. Breaks my heart.

I am grateful for my dogs, because they have given me loyalty and love.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment