Sunday, January 12, 2020

Someone turn off the rain, please

Collage in process from The Melting Pot level in Patreon, Gulfsprite

I have done this in watercolors as a warm-up, but never with acrylics and collage

Inspired from somewhere on Instagram

Doodles while watching tv at night

The girl is an Etsy download from Gulfsprite

Gracie: if I position myself just right, I can take up almost the entire width of this bed
I am paying the Mail Art level in Patreon for Gulfsprite. That entitles me to all of the class videos she posts for the tiers. One of the tiers is Melting Pot, which encompasses collage, painting, mixed media. The first video is drawing our own art work on copy paper, then copying it, cutting it out and using it in a collage with magazine images, book pages, whatever you want. Christy wanted to see where we were heading before affixing it all, so I attached elements with washi tape and took this shot. I will post the completed page. This is kick starting me again, and I love that.

Took a class about a year ago where the instructor recommended drawing small (ish) squares on watercolor paper, then practicing painting in each square. I'm sure I posted that, but never thought to do it with acrylic paints and collage. Again, I wanted something I could do on my lap while in the living room due to dogs needing attention during the endless rain storms. (we got between 5 and 6 inches of rain from Thursday to this morning). THIS was a blast, and I already have another page like it in progress. Makes me think each square but also the entire composition. I will be doing this again as well.

The girl with the dark yellow hair is in Himi Gouache, which I talked Tracie into buying (Hi, Tracie), so wanted her to see what it can do. The flowers at the bottom are Arteza Brush Pens. I use those almost on every page. The flower page are all Arteza and the Uniball black pen that is waterproof.

Little Monster page. If you are looking for collage elements that are whimsical, Gulfsprite is still on Etsy and has reduced the prices to $1 per download. Yep. A buck. The Little Monster download is 15 pages, 18 pages, ??? Not sure. I just hit print and sat there watching the pages spit out. So this girl is from that package. The colored paper to her right is Jane Davenport tissue that was reduced to $2.47 at Michael's, and the paper to the left is gel print fodder I did on newsprint. I just wanted color. A page full of color that didn't remind me of this weather.

Onward. Stay safe everyone.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment