Sunday, January 5, 2020

I could get a lot more done if my dogs didn't whine

I covered one of the Canson journal covers in collage

Himi gouache, no pens
Last week I went through an old Dylusions journal, one of the square 8x8's, and copied the girl I had done based on a Mindy Lacefield class. The colors did not reproduce as nicely as the original, but I thought I would use her as a start for a journal page. Then yesterday I trimmed the paper and put her on the cover of a 9x12 journal, and yep. Pulled out old scrapbook papers, and a few words and quotes from a collage folder. All of this went on the cardboard cover quite nicely with an Elmer's glue stick. I have found that if you really load the glue on the paper, then press with an old credit card several times, the papers stick. I hope this lasts. If they do start to come up, I will put a light coat of varnish or matte medium on the collage.

The second girl is surrounded with old, very old Basic Grey rub-ons. I still have a container of rub-ons from scrapbooking days. Some work, some do not. But I am making my way through old supplies again. I used the student grade Himi gouache set to paint her because I wanted Tracie to see what you can do. Hi, Tracie. And now that I have used the gouache again, I will be pulling it out more. Forgot how creamy and smooth it is. You can get some lovely flesh tones with this gouache set. I am far from accomplished with gouache, it does have a learning curve, but I do enjoy the challenge.

The Aussie cried and whined the entire time I was painting because I wasn't a)taking them somewhere, b)petting her, c)feeding her. Jake just lays down in the studio and naps. Sigh.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment