Tuesday, August 6, 2019

So this happened...








The town where we live has a township park district, which means the township encompasses a larger area than just Avon. It is a great park district. This is where the dog park originated, and all of the walking/biking trails. I had no idea that we have a nature center out in what is considered a rural residential area. Not that far, but if you don't drive past it, you wouldn't know it was there. They have started Bunny Yoga twice a month. A young man named Keith, who is in the fitness field but I think also medical, runs the class..

Yep, I was the oldest one there, on a nice, new Yoga mat on top of concrete. Holy crap, am I sore this morning, and this was a beginning class. But really well done, and the bunnies added a whimsical touch. In the final, resting pose, I am on my back concentrating on my breathing, eyes closed, and a bunny nestled against my bare legs. That fur tickles. A lot.

The photos are my friend, Melissa. This is Dega's mom. I have posted pics of Dega many times. Melissa is a lot younger than me, but she is also sore. Good class. All of the bunnies are up for adoption, which is the point of bunny Yoga. Most people don't realize this, but bunnies can be trained to use a litter box just like a cat. Their fur sheds constantly, and quite honestly, my allergies kicked into high gear last night. We were in air conditioning, but the fur was swirling everywhere. I would not be able to live with a bunny. I also would not be able to watch the bunny run for its' life from Gracie and Jake.

Good time, though. I am going back.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment