Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Using lettering


Last week I signed up for the weekly live streams from Gulfsprite. This gives you access to all of the previous streams in the archive. In a recent, meaning within the last 90 days because I haven't gone back any further, Christy talks about having a class on using words and lettering in your art. She did a demo that night, and I hope this class comes to be. I didn't do anything like she did in that stream, but I have loved numbers and letters/words in my art for years. And this turned out better than I hoped.

The hair and background are acrylic craft paint. The girl's face and body are Daniel Smith watercolors, but there was a lot of graphite shading on the face, especially around the eyes. I am stepping outside the box, for me, and loving it.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment