Sunday, February 17, 2019

Oh, look. More snow!

One of my favorites


The 6x6 Dina Wakley watercolor journal





Today's tag is a collage of scrapbook papers on top of some acrylic paint. The shading was done with Faber Castel Big Brush Pitt Pens.

Dina Wakley just released a new little journal, measuring 6 inches by 6 inches. The paper is a heavy body cotton, suitable for just about anything you want to apply. So of course we had to have one. I really like this book. Really. There is a lot of surface texture in this paper, as you can see in the above photo.

The hearts are from the packing tissue used by Joggles inside the box. I used gel medium to apply, let that dry. Then started adding some Daniel Smith watercolors, and more collage, some Pitt pens for shading. A few doodles. Everything I tried worked beautifully on this surface. For the girl, I sketched in a light pencil, then went over areas with a Blackwing. The shading was done with a blending stump before I added watercolors. I did add Shadow Violet around the eyes over the blended graphite.

Today will try some of Dina's paints on the next layout. This is just too much fun!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment