Tuesday, January 15, 2019

You don't know until you try it

I used an ad in Vanity Fair as my inspiration

Practicing loose faces, which I so need to do

I really like this set. Have to keep going

Too tight

Also too tight

In my altered journal 11x14

Finished with added water color

Some really tall dogs must have built this at the dog park

Jake is checking it out
I purchased a $5 hardbound sketch book, Artist Loft brand, at Michael's last week. The paper is not the best, but for just daily practice this will do fine. I like that the book opens to lay flat. Trying to get into the habit, at night, when I am watching tv to sketch for at least 30 minutes. I am also using this book to sketch out ideas for canvases and tags.

The girl in the altered book journal is once again inspired from a Sewcrazi video. She applied gesso to her journal page, then drew with a Prima graphite crayon 6B. Pam then dry brushed white acrylic paint on the face to blend the shading from the watered graphite, and I forgot to do that. Final step was limited palette water color. This face is way too long, but I wasn't after perfection, just learning the technique. Not bad, but certainly not good. Will keep trying.

The dogs and I enjoyed the bright sunshine and 34 degree temperature at the dog park yesterday afternoon. We lasted about 45 minutes. Walking in deep snow hurts my hip and back, and all of the benches were snow covered. I did clear most of them off so they would possibly dry out today. We all had a good time.

Enjoy your day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment