Saturday, January 5, 2019

Water Color

Strathmore paper cut to 6x12 to start

The finished piece, or maybe not

Added some details with markers and pens

I love the contrast in papers and textures

Practice piece for another class
The last online class I took this past week with Danielle Donaldson was excellent. I believe the name of this one is Color Mingling and it is on the Artist Network. The more I work with the Daniel Smith watercolors with the techniques that Danielle is teaching, the more I love them. I want them all. All 236 of them. I have a long, long way to go.

I have a new project drawn out on a 9x12 piece of Strathmore paper and will start that this morning. I also did some art journaling with acrylics, but not ready to post that. Now that I review that spread, it is too personal, too full of anguish. And that is the reason I do work in my journals. The feelings have to come out somewhere, right?It worked. I moved directly from that to the fairy girl above. Bright, happy, and full of color.

Enjoy yourselves.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment