Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2019

From the Danielle Donaoldson book

The entire page of watercolor practice in the long Dylusions Journal

After watching a Sewcrazi video on Instagram
I am all over the place. This is my problem: watching other artists influences me to the point that I want to try their technique. Yesterday went something like this:

After grooming Jake and cleaning the house, I was all set to cut up water color paper for the exercises in the latest class I had purchased and started. Hmmm, wait, SewCrazi is on Instagram. I need to watch her.

Forgot about the water colors, pulled out the large altered book and did the girl on top of heavy gesso that covers the previous girl I tried after watching SewCrazi. This one I will keep because I like the expression. That is pencil and charcoal with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint green around the head.

After prepping a few more pages with collage and gesso, I went back to working on colors and mixing with Daniel Smith watercolors.

The large Dylusion Journal page is just playing with pencil drawings, and then painting. Results will vary dependent on the paper you use, so this turned out better than I expected. Will try that particular Fairy Girl on water color paper. 

I so need a visit to a Dick Blick store. Tracie. In Columbus. Soon..
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment