Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Just Play

In a Dylusions Journal with acrylic paint

What I used as inspiration

Jake wants to know why I can't draw him
I wanted to try a whimsical sheep, and was looking around when my eye landed on this wood painting I've had for about 2 years. Carried into the studio and propped it up on the desk while I played in a journal. The basic sketch was done with Stabilo graphite pencil, then I added some depth and shading with a Prima graphite crayon, using the 2B and the 12B. Prima sells a 5 pack of graphite crayons, and if you haven't tried them, they are worth the money. Water soluble, and easy to move with a wet brush.

Second step was using white chalk paint to go over the graphite and add some texture. The final layer was a bit of Nupastels and a Blackwing pencil on the eyes.

I have tried to sketch Jake. It didn't go well. He didn't approve at all. I am a disappointment to my dogs.....
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment