Monday, January 21, 2019

I Hate Winter

Day 2 was created using under paper from my desk

The first full lesson in Wandering Through Watercolor at ivynewport.com

Adding shading and some line work


removed the washi tape used while working so you have a clean margin
The first thing I realize is I am casting a shadow on my photos, due to changing the position of taking pics. That can be easily rectified because I do use a table easel.

A trend with water color artists is to make square swatches of the colors for that project on the edge of the paper. The paper is 11x15, so there is plenty of room. Again, I learned a lot. The branches of the tree are very oriental art in appearance due to the color choices. There are 3 layers of paint on the branches, and at least 4 layers on the pink flowers.

Onward.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment