Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Stuff

Add caption

Riley, a granddog

Riley

Sophie, his sister

Jake, exhausted after sniffing me when I returned home

Gracie, ditto
I made the Christmas card for a friend. Embossed the MERRY CHRISTMAS (from a Dyan stamp), and then added 3 shades of green and gold watercolors from Daniel Smith. That has been the extent of my creative endeavors of late, but it has to come to a crashing halt.

Balzer Designs posted something on Instagram this past week that is so true: making bad art is better than not making any art at all. My mental state this month has been that yes, I want to journal, or make a tag, or do something but once I start I hate it, and just walk away. I have not spent more than 30 minutes in the studio at a time in weeks. I have not sketched more than 10 minutes at a time, and only did that twice. Starting today that is changing.

I have to do this for my own sanity. I am not a holiday person, and I know this is the root of the problem. But hey, that is an excuse, isn't it? Have a good one.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment