Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Things I do

5x5 Canvas panel is the backing. Watercolor is 4x4



All 3 together

Jake on a Christmas present from Bella and Gianna

Mom? Can I come in now? Please? I miss you!

9x12 collage/watercolor I started a month ago and just finished. Not a favorite
I had my 5 year colonoscopy on Wednesday of this week. I chose the very first appointment, at 7am, which meant I had to be at the hospital at 6am. Cathy received the great honor of getting up at 5 to pick me up at 5:40. I will never, ever hear the end of this. To pacify her, because I knew she was pissed, I made the 3 small dog and bird collages with watercolor. She adores the big one I made, and told me twice that "wouldn't it be cute to do a set of 3 with the dog and bird together, then just the bird, then just the hat?" So I did. She loved them. I also bought her donuts and breakfast. I am that good.

Normal people come home from a colonoscopy and take an extended nap. Normal people probably don't have dogs like Gracie, who becomes bored easily. So I did a lot of belly rubs, playing, cleaned the house, did laundry, and then hit the art studio. The elephant collage had been sitting on my desk forever, and I wanted it complete. The sitting elephant to the left was added as a third element. I also started a new project, and did a bunch of sketches to see what else I might want to explore. A productive day.



Have a great day!
Linda
My top 9 posts on Instagram for 2018.



No comments:

Post a Comment