Wednesday, December 26, 2018

It's the time of the year

In the long Dylusions journal, acrylic paint and Inktense pencils

9x13 art book from Half Price books. I paid $3

First spread

Second spread
I cleaned off my art table yesterday to put down fresh paper. Is my studio now clean? Not hardly, although it's not dirty but still feels so disorganized. This mood hits every winter when I spend more time in the house due to the weather. I have come to the conclusion that it's not that room that is the problem, it is the house. I would like to win a lottery (one has to play to win, right?), and buy a home with an enormous art studio that has built in cabinets, and closets, and shelves everywhere.

Sigh. I can dream.

Cathy and I follow Sewcrazi on Instagram. The artist's name is Pamela Gillespie, and she is featured in the latest issue of Art Journaling by Stampington. That article inspired the girl with the blue hair above, although I was also influenced by Mindy Lacefield on that round face. Sewcrazi has a new, oversized journal she has been using, so the discussion yesterday went towards Cathy obtaining another journal. In joke. Cathy has at least 25 journals, most of them blank. She just likes to collect journals. THAT brought up the above journal that I kind of abandoned, but started in 2018. I bought 3 9x13 books at Half Price Books for $3 each. The one above has wide, I believe it is 1.5 inches wide, masking tape down the center of each page so moisture won't deteriorate the binding. A base coat of gesso was applied on each page to seal the paper.

I am repeating this information because now is the time to look for older books like this that can be altered. You might even find a cheapie on the bargain tables at Barnes and Noble or Books A Million. This journal does have other paints applied, and is holding up. As long as you leave the gesso to dry completely before applying other paints, you are good. This is a great way to work on a larger scale without spending a fortune.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment