Saturday, August 18, 2018

Stuff

A tag for absolutely no reason

Jake guarding his yard

Journal page, in the larger Dylusions journal
The anxiety level in this country is reaching epic proportions. We are constantly bombarded with news that is so bizarre, so out of reach, that the mind says "What?" My mantra continues to be from Michelle Obama: when they go low, we go high. But yeah boy, I have to testify that I am tempted to adjust attitudes with a baseball bat.  So here a few thoughts on the subject:

If I hold a public door for you, say Thank You. Costs you nothing. But when you look at me like I don't exist, it is a reflection of yourself. Know that.

Do not tailgate me. It is dangerous. And when I look in the review mirror and see you tailgating, I will slow down to 25mph. Yes, I can read lips. Can you read mine?

I am not a mind reader, and too old to put up with drama. Got something to say? Spit it out! Now! We are adults who can deal with a problem. Let's move on.

Screaming children in public places. (Let us pause. Take a deep breath) Parents, not everyone else in the world thinks your children are adorable. Especially when those children are allowed to do whatever enters their brains for attention. So here is a thought: teach them (shocking, I know) about what is acceptable, and not offensive, to others. It's called consideration. Kindness. Thoughtfulness. There are limits. Children who are allowed to think they are the center of the universe and that everyone loves them, grow up to be Donald Trump. Any questions?

Sigh. I'm done. And Thank You!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment