Friday, July 13, 2018


In the larger Dylusions journal

Front cover

Back cover
I had stopped working in art journals while making the tags and taking the 2 Ardith Goodwin classes. Just a lot going on, and it just was pushed to the background. I missed it. A lot. So now back to playing in a variety of journal sizes.

The first spread was drawn quickly yesterday morning. I used pencil on top of very dry Distress Oxide inks that had been applied months ago. Then added some Derwent Inktense water color pencils, activating them with a wet brush.

The bunny spread was just an experiment. I used a brayer to apply acrylic paint, then started making marks with a Derwent charcoal pencil. Smudged those, added more, and started to add paint here and there. I recently purchased some Golden GAC 100, which was a recommendation from the last Abstraction class. You mix this with paint to thin it out, and make the paint more transparent. Like using Glazing medium only more so, if that makes sense. It creates a veil of color. I used white gesso, and yep, got this nice cloud. Then worked on top of that after dry with pencils and water colors. The gesso was not as great of a resist mixed with the GAC 100, so the water colors floated nicely on top of that base. This is the only way I can learn about products, to use them.

And that is the reason I have a room full of story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment