Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy 4th of July


took a break to eat and let the paper dry

Then returned to deepen the colors
Today's tag was born of desperation. I think I have mentioned that I am out of ideas. Yet they keep popping into my head, and I am jumping on implementation before I forget them. I painted 2 tags with black paint yesterday, thinking I wanted to return to the black and white motif. Then I remembered the 4 faces stencil I have from Balzer Designs. Ahhhh. Perfect. Some b&w material out of the stash, and a Tim Holtz chipboard, and done.

Cathy and I joined the Mindy Art Club, a monthly fee type deal. I really need to read the fine print (there wasn't any) before I commit, because Mindy is putting projects out almost on a daily basis. I am already behind. This is the first girl. Well, this is the final girl from me that I will put out here. I tried, I really tried to do this girl as Mindy instructed, and yeah, no. It went in the trash. Found out I do not like drawing with a water color pencil. The line is too thick, or I need more practice, not sure what my mental problem is with it. So I did as I always do, pulled out my mechanical pencil and sketched the fence, then turned to paint. I forgot to first do shading with a Stabilo, so might try this again. As I said before, I am behind.

I have 2 more tags complete, still have 5 to go. And the way this year is flying by, I need to check the supply list for my class with Seth Apter in September and see what I don't have. Ha Ha Ha..........everyone laugh with me.... If we lived in Ohio and had close proximity to Dick Blick stores, we would both be looking for jobs. Preferably at Blick.

Stay safe.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment