Monday, June 4, 2018

Day 63

If you don't, who will?


I have a metal dog dish on the deck for water. The dogs drink from this constantly in the good weather, although there are two water bowls in the house. I noticed a few weeks ago that the birds were using the dog dish as a bird bath. Hmmm. Birds carry various diseases that can be passed to dogs. So a week ago I purchased a plain bird bath and installed it under one of the trees. I change the water once or twice a day, depending on how bad it looks.

The birds now use either the dog dish or the bird bath. However. And you knew this was coming, didn't you? My bossy Aussie is just tall enough that she can rest her little chin on the edge of the bird bath, stick out her tongue, and drink. I have explained to Gracie why she needs to stick to the dog dish, and explained to the birds that I spent 50 bucks for them to have a safe bird bath. Does anyone listen to me? Why, no, they do not. So from now on I am just going to talk to the pretty flowers....

Today's tag is self explanatory.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment