Friday, June 1, 2018

Day 60 Wahoo!!!



pots of flowers on the deck



Today's tag was a gel print, then some stenciling, then I pulled out the Dina Wakley tissue packets and the sheet with the large hearts. At first I simply cut a square out of the larger sheet. Didn't like that composition wise on the tag, so trimmed it down. Added the stripes in some old washi tape and the IMAGINATION sticker from Tim Holtz. Still not happy, so out came the gesso and palette knife. Done.

I have potted flowers around the backyard, and love the pop of color. But after the rain the other night, the sky was still overcast and the colors on the flowers was intense, so I snapped a few shots. I want that blue on a painting. Need to work on that. One of the new skills I have learned from Ardith is mixing tints and shades. I will be using that a great deal in the future. Another is drawing every day. Every. Single. Day. Even if it is only for 5 or 10 minutes. Making marks, moving that pencil or graphite or charcoal around on the paper. The only other tool I am using is a blending stump.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment