Thursday, May 3, 2018

Day 31 and more

Old bits and pieces of scrap book papers

with some stitching on top 

and some raveled string
I usually bounce around in my art, going from acrylics to water colors, to mixed media and grunge. So this tag is not a surprise to me. I looked at my stack of base coated/gel printed tags and said nope, I want to collage with color. The container of these old scrap book pieces has become a valuable tool.

long Dylusions journal




I watched a video on YouTube from Sew Crazi on how to easily start a blank page with color. I own only 5 Distress Oxide ink pads (yes, Tracie, only 5....). Pam, who is Sew Crazi, rubs the Oxide pad on a clean acrylic block normally used for cling stamps. Spritz that with water, then turn the block over and smear it on the paper. Oxide inks are permanent once dry. I then drew in pencil over the dry ink, smudged some lines with a stump, and added Daniel Smith water colors to the faces. The flowers are Marabu Artist crayons, and those did not move as well over the Oxide inks as the water colors. But oh, baby! That background. I will definitely be doing this again, with some collage elements as well.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment