Saturday, March 31, 2018

Too Cold for the Dog Park

12x12 scrapbook plain white paper

close up of above

Cheap graph paper, very thin

Cheap drawing paper, almost like newsprint

12x12 white paper

12x12 white paper

12x12 white paper

12x12 white paper

12x12 white paper

large manile tags

large manila tags

large manila tags
This morning I once again watched the 36 minute video, free, from Roben Marie Smith on gel printing. I wanted to refresh my memory, and glad I did because I had forgotten some of her tips. One tip is to just keep printing. Don't like it? Print over it, and I did that with the dark mess above. The other very important tip is that these are not the finished product, but starter pieces. Some are collage fodder, and one in particular has already been torn apart. One of the above tags has already been turned into an affirmation tag.

All in all, it was a productive session and another learning moment with the gel press. Some of the above pieces have 10 layers of paint, some only 4 or 5. I adhered to my plan, to just print less than a dozen pieces, and to keep picking those up and printing on top to create the layers I wanted.

Paint was either Folk Art or Americana craft paint in the 2 oz. bottles. Nothing fancy or expensive. No heavy body, and it does make a difference.  I used commercial stencils, as well as some hand cut stencils from heavy card stock.

The 12x12 white card stock is medium weight from Hobby Lobby, the Paper Studio brand. I bought 25 sheets on sale for $2.50. Glad that I did. It will make great collage pieces.

Finishing tags now for the weekly affirmations, plus the #the100dayproject starts this Tuesday, April 3rd. Remember, my hashtag will be #100daysoftags.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment