Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Affirmations and journaling

This week I am on the letter "J", for Joy

Used a smaller tag and a very old scrap booking brad

The new junk journal from the soapHOUSEmama class

Lots of collage and Daniel Smith water colors

The other page of the 2 page spread

Made a pocket to hold tags from old scrap book paper

The black circles were done with paint on deli paper months ago
Before starting to draw and paint, we were to sew on the pages of this new project. I did that, but realized after starting that I didn't do enough. So Ashli (Oliver, who is purplemailbox to the right) suggested we cut black thread and just affix it with matte medium. I did that and love the effect.

The girl is on Strathmore water color paper, which I then tore around the edges and put down with double sided tape after doing the first layer of paint. THIS is the project that gave me fits, and there are two attempts at a face under that piece of paper. Moving on....

This week's tag was painted with Americana black craft paint, then took part of a mandela stencil and used gel pens to color in a design. I pulled a palette knife dipped in gesso for accent across the edges. The photo doesn't reflect the metallic shine in the gel pen inks, but it is there. A fast, fun tag. Already have my word for the letter "K".
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment