Saturday, February 24, 2018

Moving right along...

In the smaller Dylusions journal, mostly water color


You may now hum the theme from Star Trek, the original series

Okay, you got me to look at the camera. Happy?
Why be normal, right? The first girl was simply an experiment to fill a 2 page spread in the Dylusions journal with color. I did stencil over the first water color background with craft acrylic paint in green. Didn't really like that, so started going through stamps. This can take awhile, because there are a lot of them. Hobby Lobby has a slew of stamps on clearance in the stamping aisle, and I have been picking up a few here and there. Fine. I bought 11. 2 of them are butterflies. So the nature additions you see were first stamped with Archival black ink, then colored with whatever was handy. I think markers.

The Martian girl was suppose to be normal. Yeah, no. Not happening. Her face was too wide at the eyes, her eyes too wide set, so I added antenna. That is very, very old scrap book paper that happened to be in the trash next to my art desk. Pulled it out and cut ears and antenna solely due to the black and white pattern. Everything else on that page is Daniel Smith water colors. I am adding to that collection of paints slowly due to price, but they are by far the best I have ever used.  The color is wicked intense. If you have started with cheap (like Artist Loft cheap) water colors and move to Daniel Smith, there is a learning curve.

We are staying home today due to rain, more rain, and to top off the day, thunderstorms. My dogs do not like thunderstorms, so there will be a lot of hugs today. Paw massages. That type of thing. This is my life.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment