Monday, January 29, 2018

Creative Jump Start




This came together so fast, it was scary.

Started with me playing with the Distress Oxide ink pads from Tim Holtz the other day. I had added a bunch of random color, wet it, liked it, and let it dry. Once dry I thought it was a hot mess, so out came the gesso and I added that lightly, in spots that I thought needed to be toned down. Then took a ladder stencil from Stencil Girl, turned it sideways, and added some dark berry color of paint from Folk Art. Sat back and thought, now what? So I wandered to the computer and started to catch up on videos.

This year's Creative Jumpstart is finished this week. One of the last videos was Dina Wakely, on how to use repetition in your art journaling to add cohesiveness. I happen to have a drawer full of Dina's stamps (hello? It's me!). Chose that face, and stamped it on clear tissue (Tim Holtz again), an old book page, and white card stock. Did the same for the stars, and remembered Dina's point about not being afraid to overlap.

This won't win any contests, but I really love how it all pulls together. What started as a hot mess of color that I did NOT like at all, has turned into a journal spread I do like.
Keep on keeping on.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment