Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas

Spread in the new journal I just made. I hate it. For oh, so many reasons

New tags for the kitchen gate


And more new tags

Jake. So very bored, mom. So bored....

My favorite of the new tags


A scrap paper from gel printing sessions

This is Amos, the craft supply thief. I had to get down on my knees to take this yesterday.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Joyous Kwanza, Happy Hanukkah. Whatever you celebrate, enjoy it. If I read one more idiotic blip about how trump has made it possible for us to say Merry Christmas again, I will barf.

I have been in and out of the studio, as time allows. Or as the mood strikes. Here in Republican Land of Pence (yes, he is in Columbus, IN.), it is bitter cold with snow on the ground. Too cold for the dog park, so we are staying in and making stuff. The dogs will not help.

Tags are a great way to get your creative juices flowing, and after watching recent videos from Julie Fei Fen Balzer and Roben-Marie Smith on the gel plate, I have pulled out old prints and am adding to them. I'm sure there is some psychological reason this feels good, but I don't care. It is a mood lifter to see what you considered BLAH previously become something that you truly like. And as I have stated before, creating anything when you are kind of down is wonderful therapy.

So. Holidays have you depressed? Family on your last nerve? Steal an hour for yourself, and paint, sew, monoprint, write a novel, whatever turns your crank.

I recently purchased 3 bottles of the Art Spray by Marabu. The colors are more subtle than the Dylusions, but seem to have more staying power. So far it is thumbs up. Plan on getting more. Of course I do....(Hi, Klara and Tracie!!!)

Merry whatever-you-want-it-to-be.
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment