Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Gel Prints





I watched an online tutorial on gel printing with leaves from Gel Press the other day. The artist was the incredible Birgit Koopsen, and I could never hope to duplicate the results that she attains. Her work is sooooo good. Sigh. There are a few points to ponder:

Birgit was using cheap acrylic paints in a bottle. The $.79 a bottle variety. They contain a lot of water. I used my tube heavy body acrylics, Artist Loft and Liquitex, that I have had for a few years. They are going bad, in that some of the colors are super thick and grainy. I think I will have a massive gel printing afternoon very soon to use them up.

I remembered that I had pressed 5 leaves in an old dictionary last year, then never used them. So that is what I pulled out for this. They are still intact and can be used again. But I also plan on picking up some leaves out of the yard to try for comparability.

I scanned the above 5 prints into my computer to use for future projects, instead of taking close-up photos. It makes the above slightly more pixel intense. Grainy.

Both dogs whine if I spend too much time with the Gel Press. I offered lessons, but they aren't having any. This is my life.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment