Friday, July 21, 2017

Art Journaling

Double page in large Dylusions journal

They are bewitched,, and I am bothered

An experiment I love

Close up of right hand page

Close up of left hand page
The top spread was originally a pencil drawing that I was going to water color. It was a face of a female model that came out looking like a young man. I hated it. Erasing on Dylusion paper is not always easy, so I used the brayer to apply paint over it and do a spread. This was basically trying out a few new stencils.

Saw a blog post yesterday somewhere, not sure where, of a technique I wanted to try. This was to produce a graffiti type look, say on a wall in a city. First spritz the page with Dylusions spray ink (or any brand you have). Using the 8x10 gel plate, I rolled out a gold color paint, added the ancient type letter stencil, and pulled a print. The object was to use the ghost print (second pull) on top of the ink already down. Flipped the plate over and used it as a stamp to do just that. The gold paint was not bold enough, so did the process again with a dark blue. Love the mottled effect the multiple prints gave me on the right hand side of the page.

More to come this weekend. I hope.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment