Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Setting a goal

Art journal spread

Pastels on water color paper
We all have read the articles that say to become proficient at art, you must practice it every day. I do agree with that, and lately I have not been art journaling. Back at it now. Doesn't matter what it is, if it is a face or abstract or doodles, I am making the small chunk of time available to put something on paper.

One of the Design Team members from Donna Downey, Nika Rousa, does some great tutorials on YouTube. She just did half a face with leaves and flowers, so that is where the idea for the spread came from. I don't like it, not at all, but the fact remains that I did it, thereby learning something . That I don't like it. At all. Laugh, and the world laughs with you.

I had purchased an abstract composition video with Deborah Stewart from Interweave. This was a download, and was on sale. Really good information, but Deborah is a pastel artist. Never used regular soft pastels, which are kind of like chalk, so bought a cheap set at Hobby Lobby with a coupon. That probably was a mistake, because now I want a good set. Just wanted to see if I would like the feel of pastels, and how they respond. Oh, yeah. Blending is wonderful. The next really good sale at dickblick.com, I am ordering a set, but need to research them first. I did receive 2 free Neopastels in a previous Blick order. The color is brilliant, but they have a waxy texture, and took a lot of effort to blend.  Just what I need: another avenue of obsession. Sigh.

Go do some Art. Today!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment