Monday, April 10, 2017

Step Away from the Computer

Beginning of a new art journal face
I think I've mentioned this before, that I'm crazy? Yeah? So here is the deal: I received an email from Cloth, Paper, Scissors about an abstract class on composition and color. I had just been saying to myself (crazy, remember?) that I needed to find a video or buy a book on these two subjects. So I purchased that class, online, for $16.99. It is with Deborah Stewart, who is a very good instructor. Have I completed this workshop? No. I did start it. I'm about 30 minutes into the video, which is almost 2 hours long.

Another email came yesterday. This one from Ashli Oliver, a young artist from Georgia who does wonderful, whimsical faces. I have taken one of her workshops previously, so was on the promotion email list for her new Faces workshop. At a discount. Could I have refused? Sure. Did I? What the hell do you think? Bought that yesterday afternoon, late, after one of those yard/dog days from hell. As a treat to myself. And last night, as tired as I was, I could not stop thinking about the first 3 videos I had watched in that workshop, so here we go. I sketched this out, remembering what I had just watched, in about 20 minutes. If you are at all interested in learning how to draw faces, I do recommend this class. Again, a great instructor. The above is just a pencil sketch with a 2B drawing pencil. Next up will be water colors added. My plan is to watch that video and do this later today when the storms roll in. If you are interested in seeing what is available from Ashli, click here.

Shouldn't I be making arts and crafts for our sale in May? Yes. We have changed the date to May 20th, a Saturday, from 10am to 3pm. But happy to say both Cathy and I are working. I'm just not quite working on stuff to sell today. Tomorrow is nice....
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment