Friday, April 7, 2017

Assemblage

8x8 inch wood frame from Michaels

close up of center

love the grunge!
When I have one of those "20% off your entire regular price purchase" coupons from Michael's, I try to swing by the wood aisle and pick up a few frames. They are great to have on hand to play. I had two sitting on the table when the mail arrived on Wednesday with my two new Seth Apter dies from Spellbinders. The other die is up next.

First of all, this is all one set. There is a larger square with rounded corners, and then the smaller, inner square with the rays. As a bonus, if you are careful in the placement of the inner square, you will get a third, medium size cut out. Looking at the above photo, I cut 2 large squares (the darker gold and red), then used the medium square to fit inside the red one, so the inner square had a surface as a base. All were adhered with Liquitex Gel Medium. I used 140 pound water color paper, and at first used water colors. The intensity in color that I wanted wasn't there, so started layering Golden Fluid Acrylics. The shiny accents are Golden's fine gold paint, and Dina Wakely's Penny paint.

Stamping was done with a Tim Holtz grid stamp and Vermillion Archival ink, and I stenciled some with Payne's Grey paint and a new stencil from The Crafter's Workshop.

Just a side note here: I purchased 200 plastic jewelry tags to hang up my stencils. I know I have lost a few along the way, but not many. I am almost to the end of that package, which means I almost have 200 stencils. Seriously considering starting a 12 step group to STOP BUYING STENCILS!!! Yeah, right. That is not going to happen. Artiscape weekend is approaching, and Stencil Girl Products will be there with a mini store. Oh, baby.

Enjoy the spring weekend. It has to warm up, right? Right???
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment