Thursday, February 16, 2017

Assemblages

8x8 wood frame

repeating patterns


Again, trying to repeat patterns
I purchased 3 of these wooden frames at Michael's a few weeks back. The wood was painted with Americana craft paint, allowed to dry, then lightly sanded. I used Golden Light Molding paste thru stencils for dimension. When dry, a glaze of Golden's Raw Umber was applied. That is pretty much the base for each of these I do. From that point forward, anything goes. If I am not inspired after going through my collection of random crap, I will set them aside and come back.

So. All three were sitting on one of the tables, when I looked up from die cutting the other day and realized that the square Seth Apter die from Spellbinders had the same geometric shapes as the stencil I had used with the molding paste. Ah Ha! Then the circle/squares suddenly sprang out from the other frame, and I was off and running. The third frame will go in a different direction due to what is already on it.

If you are wanting to make these, may I suggest you look for random crap in every single department of Hobby Lobby and Michael's. The small circles above the Tim Holtz metal bar on the first piece? Yeah, those are jewelry findings from Hobby Lobby. One never knows.

Have a great day. The dogs are going to Puppy Playground. I may get another puppy hug today.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment