Friday, February 17, 2017

Sunshine makes me happy...

8x8 inch wood frame




Stack of small canvases waiting to be finished

This is the third of the assemblages that I finished this week. Again, had a lot of fun with this. I used a craft paint as the base, Golden Light Molding Paste through a Stencil Girl stencil for the texture. When dry, I glazed over the entire frame with Golden Raw Umber and Golden Acrylic Glaze.

About a month ago I purchased a Tim Holtz Sizzix Thin Die of gears. Some of those suckers are quite small, and all of them have a zillion pieces that have to be carefully punched out once cut. I grabbed some done in a dark blue cardstock, and painted them Antique Copper with Prima paint from the Finnabar line. It had just arrived in the mail. Got to say, nice paint. I really don't need to buy any additional paint (see previous posts about me buying shit), but I wanted to try it. One coat does it. Attached those with Liquitex Gel, let them dry. Then lightly went over the top with a cosmetic sponge and Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge. The center piece is antique book paper (Thanks, Klara!), Dylusions Paint, wash of white paint, then Rusty Hinge on top.

Back to using up old supplies: I have had these gallery small canvases on the closet shelf forever. Monday I covered them with scrapbook papers and book text. Went back to using Mod Podge, and it worked better than the Matte Medium I had. They will be finished within the next few days.

Sun is out, we are heading to the dog park. Enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment