Monday, January 2, 2017

Mini Quote Book

An old Maya Road chipboard blank book

The butterfly is from Tim Holtz tissue

Very, very old stickers that are no longer made





This little book saved me this weekend. I had to do something. The need to create was like a drive for drugs, or how I imagine that feels. I pulled out 4 old chipboard style mini albums from my stash to work with. These are selling, and the feedback I'm getting is very positive. Using the trick that Dina Wakely taught us in class, I applied Liquitex gesso to all of the pages, front and back, with a baby wipe and left them to dry while I cleaned the house.

Then came mistake number one: I used a brayer to apply paint to 2 other albums, as I always do, and took a break to have some lunch. My right hand was giving me a lecture on why I wasn't suppose to apply any pressure yet. So I picked up this little album, set up a work station in the living room to watch television while I did this, and painted with a brush. This is all Dina's heavy body acrylic paint. The dark color is "Night", which I really like as an accent around the edges and for stenciling. I used a palette knife to scrap white around to tone down the colors, then added some stamping in Ranger's Archival ink Vermillion, and Black.

The quotes are from Pinterest, because I have a Quotes board. (referring to the ones on paper that are typed). The rest are either stickers or stamps.

So here is the deal: I promised myself I was using up the stash this year, and I am. NOTHING NEW was used on this album. Whew. I even pulled out old, very old rub-ons to do the lettering on the front cover (Random Thoughts). If you like those, and I do, I apologize. It's been 10 years since those were manufactured, and the company, Memory Keepers, is out of business. Old scrapbookers save everything. Yes we do. And I am using it.

Happy New Year, and thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment