Friday, December 2, 2016

Done. I think. Not sure.


So this was fun, and came together very rapidly.

The background paper is one that I made. I started with an 8x8 piece of watercolor paper. Ran the brayer through some different colors of paint, and blended on the paper. Then did some stenciling with black and darker red. Decided that was too much, so adhered some Tim Holtz tissue paper with gel medium. THEN (I am never done) took a palate knife and ran some white paint over the top of all of it for added texture.

The patina on the spoon is the way it came from the antique mall. There are kits out on the market to achieve that look, but nothing says "old" like the real thing.  The spoon has been glued to the wood frame with E6000 glue. I always let that set to cure for at least 24 hours.

I need to find more stuff. Yep. Another obsession has been born.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment