Monday, July 25, 2016

Random Thoughts

First page of a new journal

Trying different lettering-"I am currently under construction. Thank You for your patience."

This was after reading about the Republican National Convention
I found this journal, which I had prepped several pages and promptly forgot, on a shelf. My guess is that I purchased this at least 2 years ago. Did the gesso "underwear" coat, and then put it away. I wanted to try a different type of journal paper, because lately I have become, shall we say, disenchanted with the Dylusions journals. I have 7 of them, in various sizes, and having a bit of a problem with the paper not holding up. It seems that the first batch of Dylusion journals are holding up better than the ones purchased within the last year. Interesting.

Plus, I had to try some new stencils. I always have new stencils. It's a given. But the true situation is I have several projects that were started and are sitting on a table. Looking at me. The mojo is gone for those ideas and the creative energy has to come back. Not sure if it's the heat, the season, or something brewing in my subconscious, but just not getting into what I started. So, when all else fails, you do this. Fart around in the art journal. And having fun.

I think what I really need is a shopping trip, but that has it's own set of problems. Like bills. Sigh.

Have a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment