Monday, August 8, 2016

New Art Journal class



There is a small group of artist blogs that I try my best to follow on a regular basis. One that I do look at daily is Balzer Designs.  Julie featured an artist from Georgia last week, and I was intrigued by what I saw. The post detailed a new class available for $7. In the online world of art classes, that is dirt cheap. So of course I had to take it.

The artist is Ashli Oliver. Her blog is www.purplemailbox.blogspot.com. I apologize. I would link this for you except the computer demons today and blogspot don't want me to. I have tried 8 times, and my patience is now tissue thin. Onward. The name of the $7 class, before I forget how to type, is "Mini class exploring my approach to art journaling".

You can sketch whatever you want. I wanted to do a face, even though my faces suck eggs big time, but I refuse to give up. I go through this stage every few months. Roll with it. This was done in a Dylusions large journal without prepping the paper with anything. I started with water colors, then added acrylic mediums and paint, then water colors, pencils, pens, and it is now drying. I plan on adding a bit of journaling.

If you are interested in a different approach to an art journal, I highly recommend this class. There are 5 videos and in their entirety, last over 2 hours. Well worth the money. And Ashli is a great instructor.  I pulled a photograph of a real model out of a Better Homes and Gardens magazine to use as the basis for my drawing. I can see what I did wrong, but I can also see what I learned and did right. And that, my friends, is what art journaling is all about.

Have a great day.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment