Saturday, May 21, 2016

Inspiration Wednesday



These are the last two Inspiration Wednesday projects from Donna Downey's year long class. The top photos are the most recent. Donna used wrapping paper to create a collage in her journal. I didn't have any pretty wrapping paper on hand, but there is one thing I still have in abundance, and that's scrap book papers. Tons. Shelves full. So mine is done with some very old but still gorgeous Fancy Pants (that was the company) scrap paper. I then painted over it on the inclusion, waited for it to dry, and added the words. "TRY" was done with some equally old Making Memories Rub-Ons. The word "fearlessly" was stamped with Archival black ink.

The bottom spread was more complicated, and because I did it over a month ago, not sure what all the steps are at this point. I stenciled the numbers with black paint, let that dry, then did a light wash of white mixed with Titian Buff over that. I used Golden's molding paste thru a script stencil to create some texture.  Then did a light wash of magenta over that. The circles were drawn with a Stabilo All pencil, and if you haven't tried these, please do. The colors are vibrant and water soluble, so once down you can very lightly touch it with a brush dipped in water, and the color spreads. The more water, the more it runs. Love using those. I only have about 4 or 5 colors, and black seems to be my go to.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment