Thursday, April 7, 2016

TBT

Coal

What a magnificent boy he was! This is Coal, a 6 year old Newfoundland that belonged to my friend, Carol. The shots above were taken just a few months before he passed. Coal was diagnosed with Lyme's disease, but it was too late to save him.

I miss him. Coal was a sweet dog, great disposition. Kind of like having a cop at the dog park, because he would trot over if Jake was getting ready to rumble with another dog. One look at Coal, and Jake would make a wide circle to return to my side. I loved it. Gracie and Coal were fine together. She also respected the big guy's presence.

Today is Throwback Thursday, so throwing back to remember a wonderful dog. But also a "heads up" if you are a dog owner. The ticks are already out, so please protect your pet. My two wear Seresto collars, that kill fleas and ticks. But I also added an annual Lyme's disease vaccination to the mix right after Coal died. There were a bunch of us from the park that did this. The disease is transmitted to our dogs from a tick bite.

One more thing: is your baby acting off? Kind of tired, not eating like they used to, runny eyes? Anything out of the ordinary that lasts longer than a few days, and please take them to the vet. It could be nothing, or you could be saving a life. Yes, it costs money. But if you are a responsible pet owner, you realize this is part of the package.

Gracie and Jake are my life. They are well fed, cared for, and spoiled rotten. But that's me.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment