Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Abstract Art

The art journal spread from a few weeks ago

Three 6x12 canvases I did this week, based on art journal



I belong to several art groups on Facebook. Some are connected to classes I take, like the Inspiration Wednesday group from Donna Downey. Others are just random groups of people like me, that love to fool around with paint, paper, and stamping. One woman posted this week that she was curious: what was the purpose of an art journal? She wasn't trying to demean anyone or their work, she was just wondering.

I responded that I use my art journal to play with color, techniques, new products, but mostly just to play. You never know what will come out until you try. I absolutely love the journal spread in the first photo. It was the inspiration for doing the 3 canvases. But of course they didn't turn out like the spread. Am I disappointed? Slightly, but will take the canvases for what they are: colorful little additions to hang in a gloomy hallway. When I'm tired of them, they'll come down. I had fun doing this project, it didn't take me long at all, and it got me doing canvases again. I have not picked up a canvas in months, so this was a very good thing.

Paints used this time were Dina Wakely's heavy body paints from Ranger. Except for the red/rose color, which is a Dylusion paint from Ranger. The dark blue line is Golden Fluid Acrylic in Payne's Grey. I added some rub-ons, stamping in random spots.

Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment